HARVARD MODEL CONGRESS: MADRID, SPAIN
There’s only one way to know
Harvard Model Congress Europe Program
March 8-12/13, 2018
Meliá Castilla, Madrid, Spain
Harvard Model Congress Europe– or HMCE– challenges students to simulate and engage in the same issues that actual government organizations, including the United States Congress, courts, and international bodies are facing. From debating bills and resolutions to negotiating with other Congresspeople and countries, each student will have the opportunity to both examine and actively discuss some of the most important problems and solutions concerning the United States and the world.
2018 will mark the first time an All-American Model UN delegation has attended a Harvard Model Congress session.
Flexible Departure Day
Student may elect to return to the United States on Monday, March 12th or on Tuesday, March 13th. There is no extra cost associated with the additional day.
Day One: Arrive in Madrid
Arrive in Madrid from your local airport
Meet your All-American team mates
Train with the All-American MUN Director
Go out to dinner in the City Center
Day Two: Madrid Tour
– Visit the Royal Palace
– Explore Plaza Mayor
– Get lunch near Puerta del Sol
– Shop on the Grand Via
– Enjoy a Dinner in the La Latina neighborhood
Day Three & Four: HMCE Conference
Compete against students from across Europe
Day Five-Six: Extra Madrid Touring
Attend an Opera Performance or Concert
The All-American Model UN Program to the YMGE in Budapest, Hungary is a no-hassle program that takes the worry away from planning and travel. Our fall program to Budapest includes all of the following, plus more!
Opera or Music Concert
Remote Online Training
Breakfast and Dinner
24-Hour Supervision & Contact
Application and Qualifications
Students applying to the All-American Model UN team should have a consistent performance of excellence, not just in Model United Nations also academically. We will assess each candidate on an individual basis and not against one another. Students should use their application to illustrate their strengths and progress throughout high school.
- Students must have at least of two years of competitive Model United Nations experience and participated in at least two conferences.
- The best candidates will have placed (been awarded a Best Delegate, Outstanding Delegate, or Honorable Mention) in a high percentage of conferences attended.
- Experience hosting a conference or chairing a Model UN committee looked favorably upon, but not required.
- Exemplary understanding of parliamentary procedure including: moderated debate, motions and points, resolution writing, and voting procedure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thoroughly research advanced matters of international affairs, both in the present and past.
- Leadership experience either in Model United Nations or comparable co-curricular activities
Qualifying Model UN Conferences
- Harvard Model UN (HMUN)
- Ivy League Model UN Conference (ILMUNC)
- Yale Model UN (YMUN)
- Model UN at the University of Chicago (MUNUC)
- North American Invitational Model UN (NAIMUN)
- UC Berkeley Model UN (BMUN)
- Stanford Model UN Conference (SMUNC)
- USC Model UN (TrojanMUN)
- Washington Area Model UN Conference (WAMUNC)
- Chicago Invitational Model UN (CIMUN)
- Boston Invitational Model UN (BosMUN)
- Johns Hopkins Model UN Conference (JHUMUNC)
- University of Michigan Model UN (MUNUM)
- Rutgers Model UN (RUMUN)
- Princeton Model UN Conference (PMUNC)
- Cornell Model UN Conference (CMUNC)
- Brown Simulation of the United Nations (BUSUN)
- William and Mary High School Model UN (WMHSMUN)
Application Deadline: December 30, 2017
Student Seats Available
Award Rate after All-American
Students Accepted into Ivy League or Similar Schools
“I’m so thankful that I found out about All-American Model UN. Even though I only could participate in one program before I graduated, I wish I could have done more. Frank really cares about all of his students and will do anything to help us get better. I met so many people from around the world and have many new friends now!”William Kim, All-American 2016
“My last Model UN conference was with All-American and I couldn’t have wished for a better memory. I learned so much about history, and also won Best Delegate– my last high school gavel!”Jennifer Min, All-American 2015
“All-American MUN gives me a way to explore new countries without feeling like a typical tourist. Not only did I win an award in my first crisis committee, Frank taught me to improve my speaking, leadership, and collaboration skills.”Samm Griffith, All-American 2015
PROGRAM COSTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
|Airfare Expense||Varies on location|
|Payment Details & Options||
|Scholarships and Aid||