History and Information
Undoubtedly, the All-American Model United Nations delegations are the most competitive Model UN teams in the world. Started in 2011, the All-American Model UN Programs have won Best Delegation in 11 of 12 conferences. Our students boast an incredible 90% individual award percentage.
Our programs are about much more than competition. All of our programs are designed to be life-changing experiences; introductions to new cultures, new ways of thinking, and new friends. For many of our students, the All-American Model UN Programs have been a springboard into collegiate success, inside and outside the classroom.
All-American teams are trained by a team of expert mentors, led by the Program Director, Frank Pobutkiewicz, an internationally known Model UN debate coach. One of the best aspects of being part of the Model UN community is the relationships built between our students and mentors. This is not just a one-stop summer program; we encourage our students to continue to use us as resources.
The All-American Model United Nations team won Best Small Delegation in HMUN in 2015 and 2016, and we hope to continue our streak this summer!
Harvard Model UN India Conference
Dates: August 12-16, 2017
Location:Hyderabad International Convention Centre
Number of Students: 1,400+The fourth session of HMUN India, hosted in Hyderabad in August 2014, featured over 1,200 delegates from 14 countries and 130 schools. Following the success of the previous four years, as well as over 60 years of experience in hosting Harvard Model United Nations for high school students in Boston, Massachusetts, HMUN India is pleased to again partner with MUNCafé, a brand of Worldview Education Services, Ltd., to bring the excellence of the HMUN experience to Hyderabad, India in August 2016.
WEMUN Expo, Beijing ExtensionPrior to HMUN India, the All-American Programs will be participating in the WEMUN Expo Conference in Beijing, China. We encourage students to take advtange of the opportunity to participate in both conferences Read More about the Beijing Extension
Video Message for Parents
Application and Qualifications
Deadline: March 10, 2017Students applying to the All-American team should have a consistent performance of excellence, not just in Model United Nations but also academically. We will assess each candidate on an individual basis and not against one another. Students should use their application to illustrate their strengths and progress throughout high school.
- Students must have at least of two years of competitive Model United Nations experience and participated in at least two conferences.
- The best candidates will have placed (been awarded a Best Delegate, Outstanding Delegate, or Honorable Mention) in a high percentage of conferences attended.
- Experience hosting a conference or chairing a Model UN committee looked favorably upon, but not required.
- Exemplary understanding of parliamentary procedure including: moderated debate, motions and points, resolution writing, and voting procedure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thoroughly research advanced matters of international affairs, both in the present and past.
- Leadership experience either in Model United Nations or comparable co-curricular activities.
|Aug 9-12||Hyderabad, India||Novotel and India ICC Cyberabad, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081|
|Aug 12-16||Hyderabad, India||Novotel and India ICC Cyberabad, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081|
3-Day Private Tour of Hyderabad
- Have tea and tour the Palace of the Nizams.
- Visit the Jagannath Temple.
- Guided tour of the Birla Mandir.
- Tour the Golkonda Fort.
- Shop at the Shilparamam Cultural Society.
- Stroll along the Lotus Pond.
- Enjoy a boat ride at Lumbini Park.
- Explore the Nizam Museum.
- Visit the Charminar .
- Explore the history of the Qutab Shahi Tombs.
Information Package Request
Program Costs and Scholarships
|WEMUN Expo Extension||$1,000|
|Payment Details & Options||
|Scholarships and Aid||Financial Assistance available in acceptance package|