History and Information
Undoubtedly, the All-American Model United Nations delegations are the most competitive Model UN teams in the world. Started in 2011, the All-American Model UN Programs have won Best Delegation in 11 of 12 conferences. Our students boast an incredible 90% individual award percentage.
Our programs are about much more than competition. All of our programs are designed to be life-changing experiences; introductions to new cultures, new ways of thinking, and new friends. For many of our students, the All-American Model UN Programs have been a springboard into collegiate success, inside and outside the classroom.
All-American teams are trained by a team of expert mentors, led by the Program Director, Frank Pobutkiewicz, an internationally known Model UN debate coach. One of the best aspects of being part of the Model UN community is the relationships built between our students and mentors. This is not just a one-stop summer program; we encourage our students to continue to use us as resources.
Starting in 2017, students on the WEMUN Expo team will have the choice to compete or act as Assistant Directors to the college students running the simulations at WEMUN Expo.
WEMUN Expo Conference
Dates: August 3-6, 2017
Location: Beijing Olympic Convention Center
Number of Students: 1,000+
WEMUN Expo is an internationally recognized Model United Nations platform headquartered in Beijing, China. For the past 10 years, WEMUN has helped to bring Chinese students to the United States to compete in some of the best Model UN conferences the United States. Since 2007, they have hosted the WEMUN Expo in Beijing, China for international students to attend. The very best conferences in the United States have organized simulations, including the University of Pennsylvania, Cornell University, Yale University, Boston University, the University of Chicago, McGill University, Berkeley University and others.
In 2017, students on the All-American team are encouraged to act as Assistant Director and help run committees at the WEMUN Expo. This will give students the chance to help organize the conference and work with college students from top universities from around the world.
HMUN India, Hyderabad ExtensionFollowing the WEMUN Expo in Beijing, the All-American Programs will be participating in the Harvard Model UN Conference in Hyderabad, India. We encourage students to take advantage of the opportunity to participate in both conferences! Read More about the Hyderabad Extension
Video Message for Parents
Application and Qualifications
Deadline: March 10, 2017Students applying to the All-American team should have a consistent performance of excellence, not just in Model United Nations but also academically. We will assess each candidate on an individual basis and not against one another. Students should use their application to illustrate their strengths and progress throughout high school.
- Students must have at least of two years of competitive Model United Nations experience and participated in at least two conferences.
- The best candidates will have placed (been awarded a Best Delegate, Outstanding Delegate, or Honorable Mention) in a high percentage of conferences attended.
- Experience hosting a conference or chairing a Model UN committee looked favorably upon, but not required.
- Exemplary understanding of parliamentary procedure including: moderated debate, motions and points, resolution writing, and voting procedure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thoroughly research advanced matters of international affairs, both in the present and past.
- Leadership experience either in Model United Nations or comparable co-curricular activities.
Qualifying Model UN Conferences and Organizations +
- Harvard Model UN (HMUN)
- Ivy League Model UN Conference (ILMUNC)
- Yale Model UN (YMUN)
- Model UN at the University of Chicago (MUNUC)
- North American Invitational Model UN (NAIMUN)
- UC Berkeley Model UN (BMUN)
- Stanford Model UN Conference (SMUNC)
- USC Model UN (TrojanMUN)
- Washington Area Model UN Conference (WAMUNC)
- Chicago Invitational Model UN (CIMUN)
- Boston Invitational Model UN (BosMUN)
- Johns Hopkins Model UN Conference (JHUMUNC)
- University of Michigan Model UN (MUNUM)
- Rutgers Model UN (RUMUN)
- Princeton Model UN Conference (PMUNC)
- Cornell Model UN Conference (CMUNC)
- Brown Simulation of the United Nations (BUSUN)
- William and Mary High School Model UN (WMHSMUN)
|July 31- Aug 1||Boston, MA||Boston University, 1019 Commonwealth Avenue|
|Aug 2-6||Beijing, China||China National Convention Center Hotel, Beichen West Road, Chaoyang|
|Aug 6-9||Beijing, China||XiZhao Hotel Beijing, Xizhaosi Middle Road 15, Dongcheng|
3-Day Private Tour of Beijing
- Guided tour of the Summer Palace.
- Visit the Olympic Park: Bird’s Nest and Water Cube.
- Participate in a Tea Ceremony.
- Watch a Kung Fu Show.
- Enjoy a traditional Peking Duck dinner.
- Tour of the Temple of Heaven (Tian Tan).
- Visit Tian’anmen Square.
- Guided tour of the Forbidden City.
- Visit a Jade Museum and Factory.
- Walk the Great Wall at Ba’daling.
- Explore the Hutongs in the old city.
- Make and eat dumplings (jiaozi) with a family.
- Shop at the Silk Street Market.
Hyderabad Extension to HMUN India
|Aug 7-11||Hyderabad, India||Novotel and India ICC Cyberabad, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081|
|Aug 11-14||Hyderabad, India||Novotel and India ICC Cyberabad, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081|
Information Package Request
Program Costs and Scholarships
|HMUN India Extension||$1,000|
|Payment Details & Options||
|Scholarships and Aid||