History and Information
While the All-American Model UN team started as single delegation attending a single conference during the summer months, our reputation has led to a number of invitations to other incredible conferences around the world.
One such conference, Yale Model Government Europe, invited the All-American Programs to organize a delegation four years ago and thus, our travel opportunities expanded. Our United America delegation has won Best Delegation for the last two years.
All of the travel teams are trained by a team of expert mentors, led by the Program Director, Frank Pobutkiewicz, an internationally known Model UN debate coach. One of the best aspects of being part of the Model UN community is the relationships built between our students and mentors. This is not just a one-stop travel program; we encourage our students to continue to use us as resources.
Yale Model Government Europe
Dates: November 22-27, 2017
Location: Corinthia Hotel, Budapest, Hungary
Number of Students: 500+
Yale Model Government Europe — or YMGE — is an innovative, collaborative and inspiring conference that brings together top delegates from around the world and an experienced Yale Secretariat. Hallmarks of the conference include its unique hybrid of American and European committee styles providing delegates with a variety of experiences. In a consistently beautiful location and stunning hotels, the Conference elevates the Model UN experience to new heights as delegates work together wrestling with some of the most serious issues that the world faces today.
Flexible Departure Day
Student may elect to return to the United States on Sunday, November 26th or on Monday, November 27th. There is no extra cost associated with the additional day.
Application and Qualifications
Application Deadline: September 25, 2017
Students applying to the United America Honor Delegation should have a consistent performance of excellence, not just in Model United Nations but also academically. We will assess each candidate on an individual basis and not against one another. Students should use their application to illustrate their strengths and progress throughout high school.
- Students must have at least of one year of competitive Model United Nations experience and participated in at least two conferences.
- The best candidates will have placed (been awarded a Best Delegate, Outstanding Delegate, or Honorable Mention) in a high percentage of conferences attended.
- Experience hosting a conference or chairing a Model UN committee looked favorably upon, but not required.
- Exemplary understanding of parliamentary procedure including: moderated debate, motions and points, resolution writing, and voting procedure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thoroughly research advanced matters of international affairs, both in the present and past.
- Leadership experience either in Model United Nations or comparable co-curricular activities.
||Students should arrive in Budapest before 3PM
||YMGE Conference & Budapest Touring
||Optional Extra Day
||Opening of the Budapest Christmas Market
Budapest Excursions and Walking Tour
- St. Stephen’s Cathedral
- Parliament Building of Hungary
- Chain Bridge
- Hero Square
- Budapest Synagogue and Jewish District
- Andrássy Avenue
- Central Market Hall
- Budapest Opera House
- Attend an opera or symphony on Saturday night
- Terror House Museum
Information Package Request
Program Costs and Scholarships
||Varies on location
|Payment Details & Options
- $500 Deposit due within 20 days of acceptance
- Payment plans available for 3- and 6-months
- Early payment discount of $200 for full payment received by August 1st
- Checks, money orders, and credit cards accepted (transaction fees may apply)
|Scholarships and Aid
- Limited Financial Assistance available. Please contact the Program Director.
- Offers may not be combined.